I will teach you techniques to increase your flexibility safely and effectively using contortion-based flexibility training, whether your goals are to get a decent bridge and chest stand or you want to learn specific contortion tricks. In general, there will be a focus on active flexibility and injury prevention over passive stretches. You will learn how to engage appropriate muscles in order to enter your full range of motion safely. We will also use blocks, chairs, straps/bands and walls in order to get you deeper into poses, so you will have homework that you can work on at home, as well. The benefit of this type of online format is that we can customize a training plan which you can work on by own without any spotting, and we can change goals and exercises based on your progress.
You also have the option of warming up and cooling down outside class time so we can focus solely on tricks and poses OR I can guide you into an effective warm-up for your whole body. 🙂
You will need: A space with a chair, a wall, a yoga block or two (optional), a strap/band (or belt). Mat is optional.
What I will need from you:
- A picture of your current splits, bridge and one inversion of your choice (forearm stand with backbend, headstand, handstand with backbend). If you are a beginner, submit a picture of your lunge, straddle and pike.
- What your flexibility goals are now and in the future: are there any poses you want to accomplish specifically? Do you just want to have better lines for some other activity?
- What your background is (if any)
- Injury history
How to Apply:
- Fill in the form below.
- Send a picture of your bridge, splits and inversions to email@example.com.
- We will discuss date/ time / payment methods (Paypal, Interac, e-transfer) by email / Instagram direct message. 🙂
Alternatively, you can also copy/paste the questions into an email and send that to the above email, if it’s easier!